NEW INVESTIGATOR TRAVEL AWARDS
ISPID will again offer the Kaarene Fitzgerald New Investigator Travel Awards. This year, we provide a maximum of five awards of US $1500 each. Awards will be made to assist any new
investigator to attend the International Conference on Stillbirth, SIDS and Baby Survival in Glasgow, Scotland (June 7-9, 2018). The funds are not available to attend other conferences. Previous awardees are not eligible.
To apply, the Candidate:
- Must be a full time student or be within 3 years of the postgraduate qualification or otherwise be a new scientist in the field of SIDS or Stillbirth.
- Must be a member of ISPID (to join go to https://www.ispid.org/joinnow.html.
- Must have submitted an abstract for presentation at the Conference (submission deadline is February 16, 2018), as first author.
Applications should be emailed to ISPID secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by February 16, 2018, and should include:
- Filled PDF Application Form
- A letter from the applicant requesting to be selected for this travel award
- A copy of the abstract that has been submitted
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of recommendation from applicant's department or laboratory director that indicates the contribution of the new investigator's work and direction in which this work is headed.
The award will be granted on condition that the abstract has been accepted for presentation. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by March 15, with the US $1500 awards being provided soon thereafter.